The Diversity InitiativeSpeaking at a National Naval Officers Association Conference, Chief of Naval Operations Admiral Mike Mullen stated “diversity continues to be a leadership issue and critical to the Navy’s future success.” Everyone is familiar with the traditional challenges of diversity. However, concepts of diversity have evolved from inclusion and tolerance, to managing diversity, and recognizing the link between diversity and the emerging complexity of organizations such as the Navy. “A complex environment is one characterized by multiple critical elements that differ significantly.” Complexities such as joint collaborations, emerging technology, and globalization contribute to the challenges of organizational diversity within the Navy. Culture is not created by declaration; it derives from expectations focused on winning. We can only have a culture that encourages performance if we recruit the right people, require them to behave in a way that is consistent with the values the Navy espouses, and implement processes that will allow the Navy to be successful.Differences of any kind make the task more complex. Differences such as proficiency in the use of technology or differences among warfare communities (i.e. Supply Corps, Aviators, Surface, etc.) will contribute to organizational complexity. If the Navy wishes to remain competitive in this complex… Read full this story
- CMOs—Multicultural Marketing Investments Deserve A New Resource Allocation Methodology
- A VC Fund Backed By Kevin Durant And Diddy Will Donate Its Profits To 11 Charities Improving Diversity In Tech
- House Republicans oust Rep. Liz Cheney from leadership post
- CyberArk Software Ltd (CYBR) Q3 2020 Earnings Call Transcript
- As a Japanese citizen and a consultant, I know why the Tokyo Olympics has become such a disaster
- Can Marriage Counseling Save America?
- Digital banking to boost financial inclusion in PH
- Teladoc Health (TDOC) Q3 2020 Earnings Call Transcript
- GeM facilitates Rs 9217.5 Cr orders by governments during Covid: P K Singh
- The Music Industry Is Wrestling With Race. Here’s What It Has Promised.
A New Strategy on Diversity: Aligning Leadership and Organizational Culture have 308 words, post on ezinearticles.com at July 17, 2006. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.