Flight delays recently at major metropolitan airports presented an opportunity to observe airport ground activity. What is occurring is chilling and downright astonishing “to the point of utter disbelief.” The hidden dangers and gaps in ground safety are unmistakable.Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) official name for ground incidences are called “incursions.” While many incidences are avoidable, each occurrence could have devastating consequences for airports, airlines, flight crews, passengers, and ground personnel. Incursions continue to be a hot button for Congress, FAA, and NTSB, as well as pilots.The demand of lowering costs for airport operations has never been higher. Airport Administrators are experiencing financial challenges to fund ground safety programs. FAA regulated safety and security programs have increased airport costs and budget allocations significantly since the tragedy of 9/11.The FAA Reauthorization Act of 2007 (House Rule 2881) may provide relief to the tune of $15.8 Billion, with $13 Billion available to modernize ATC-Air Traffic Control Systems. Leaving $2.8 Billion for Airport Improvement Programs that includes infrastructure and airport expansion projects. How much funding will be allocated for immediate safety solutions and programs to prevent accidents on the grounds?Add to funding challenges an increase in airport ground incursions. The expense trade-offs of implementing… Read full this story
- Sydney Airport: Inside the flow-on effects of a mid-air emergency
- Thousands are told to find shelter NOW as bushfires approach - while Sydney faces a nervous wait with 'catastrophic' conditions set to get WORSE and the PM warns our darkest hours are ahead
- Malaysia Airlines plane makes emergency landing at Melbourne airport after reported engine fire
- Should we stop people living in highly dangerous bushfire-prone areas?
- Bushfire survivors displaced by disaster urged to accept help and be patient
- The next mega disasters that could happen at any moment (and kill us all)
- Three hero U.S. firefighters are dead after water bomber plunged to the ground and exploded while they were fighting a terrifying 'mega blaze' formed from four huge infernos
- Iran Jet Disaster Setup
- Bodies of Ukrainian victims of Iran plane crash returned home among emotional scenes at Kiev airport
- Wuhan is QUARANTINED: Ground zero for deadly coronavirus halts all travel in AND out of the city after the CDC begins screening at five US airports as the disease MUTATES after killing 17 and infecting up to 10,000
Danger In Our Mist - Airport Grounds - Disaster Waiting To Happen have 372 words, post on ezinearticles.com at July 5, 2007. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.