Jon Stewart and Sarah Palin have something in common. The Comedy Central host made a case for releasing photos of Osama Bin Laden’s corpse Wednesday night, arguing it’s in the public’s interest to see the images, even if the bullet-riddled body sparks an outcry abroad. The former Alaskan governor – often the butt of Stewart’s jokes – also argued in favor of making the photos public earlier in the day. Stewart joked that Americans are used to seeing gory images on television programs like “CSI” and “Bones” every night. But then he took a surprisingly serious turn, noting the Muslim world sees graphic images of people the United States killed on purpose or accidentally all the time. “We’ve been fighting this war for nearly 10 years. Thousands of U.S. deaths, tens of thousands of Iraqis and Afghanis have died, and we’ve seen nearly zero photographic evidence of it,” he said. “Maybe we should always show pictures — Bin Laden, pictures of our wounded service people, pictures of maimed, innocent civilians. We can only make decisions about war only if we see what war actually is,” Stewart added. He made the statements the same day the White House announced it wouldn’t… Read full this story
- Jon Stewart: why I quit The Daily Show
- Jon Stewart and the battle over the 9/11 victims fund, explained
- Jon Stewart lashes out at hearing on 9/11 responders bill: "You should be ashamed of yourselves"
- 'Daily Show' Science: 7 Times Jon Stewart Got Nerdy
- Remembering Rififi, the Underground Venue that Changed Comedy in the 21st Century
- US forces 'mince' to death Al-Qaeda-linked chief and two jihadis in fourth known use of 'Ninja' missile
- Golden Globes 2020: Host Ricky Gervais labels James Corden a fat p**** and slams his role in panned movie Cats during acid-tongued rant
- Secretary of State Pompeo on what happens next after Soleimani's death
- Baghdadi’s remains buried at sea – as Trump says he’ll release footage of Delta Force raid on ISIS chief’s lair
- A Comedy Education From Late Legend Buck Henry
Jon Stewart, Comedy Central host, makes case for releasing Osama Bin Laden death photo have 333 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at May 5, 2011. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.