How would you like to have a smartphone with two screens, one on the front and one on the back? That’s the innovation behind the YotaPhone, an Android smartphone with a 4.3-inch LCD display on the front and an E-Ink screen on the back. Having two screens on a smartphone could be a handy innovation. The back screen on this Russian YotaPhone will be a display similar to an Amazon Kindle, using black-and-white E-Ink technology that only uses battery power when the image on the screen is changed. The E-Ink screen won’t be useful for watching videos, but it will give users a convenient way to glance at weather data, stock quotes, tweets and Facebook entries without having to wake the phone from its energy-saving sleep mode. That capability could conserve battery power, a constant concern with smartphones, especially those (like this one) with fast but battery-hungry LTE connectivity. Another advantage of E-Ink screens is the ease with which they can be viewed in direct sunlight. Yota has added that second E-Ink screen while keeping the YotaPhone as thin as the most svelte smartphones on the market today. At its bottom end, it’s 0.4 inches thick, tapering out to 0.3… Read full this story
- Kaia Gerber says her tattoo obsession inspired her to take her first stab at some DIY ink during quarantine
- Multi-layered coloured paint designed to cool buildings by reflecting the sun could become an eco-friendly alternative to air conditioners
- DC Universe Online Creative Director Talks Birds of Prey, Balancing for New and Old Players, and the Future
- Good and bad news: Withings Go is a tiny tracker you’ll forget you’re wearing
- Qualcomm’s Toq wants to be your platform-agnostic color smartwatch
- Verizon Droid Xyboard 8.2 and 10.1 review
- YAHOO MaiL sign seen 21LB login tech where YAHOO icon number caRE
- Dlink RouteR sign seen 21LB login tech where Dlink icon number L7
- Seann Walsh PICTURE EXCLUSIVE: Embattled comedian breaks Strictly 'booze ban' as he chugs Guinness in the street... but at least he didn't kiss anyone this time!
- Toshiba Excite review: 13, 10, and 7.7-inch tablets
YotaPhone Has LCD Front, E-Ink Back, Coolness All Over have 341 words, post on mashable.com at December 12, 2012. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.