Before officially announcing her retirement on “The View” Monday, Barbara Walters was met in her dressing room by top ABC brass — who were perhaps worried about an Ann Curry type of reaction that would make it look like Babs was pushed out. A friend of Walters’ tells [email protected] that Disney CEO Bob Iger, ABC chairwoman Ann Sweeney and ABC News head Ben Sherwood paid “The View” creator an early visit backstage to soothe her nerves before she stepped on set, to assure Walters that this was her choice — on her time. “She was holding court in her dressing room and the bosses came to say good luck. Barbara was terrific,” says the pal. “She was very moved by all the attention. And she’ll be happier when everyone gets back to doing things normally.” The source adds that even though Walters controlled the announcement down to the last detail, she was well aware it was time to pick a retirement date. “She will be keeping an office at ABC News, and if something happens in the world and she wants to report it, she will be reporting and anchoring,” says the insider. “The timing was done her way and… Read full this story
- Fact Sheet: President Obama to Announce Historic Carbon Pollution Standards for Power Plants
- Two more women accuse Joe Biden of 'uncomfortable' touching
- Former Vice President Joe Biden not ruling out 2020 presidential run
- Joe Biden does not want Democrats to impeach President Trump
- Obama, Biden teams optimistic about election: 'Everyone has PTSD from 2016'
- Joe Biden's team considering Beto O’Rourke as 2020 running mate
- Former Vice President Joe Biden calls for national unity
- Report: Trump considers Biden to be his 'most dangerous potential opponent'
- Trump attacks ‘low I.Q.’ Biden over slip about 2020 presidential bid
- Joe Biden criticizes 'white man's culture,' role in Hill hearing
ABC brass met with Barbara Walters to ensure a smooth retirement announcement have 300 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at May 13, 2013. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.