The worldwide Molyjam returns in July for a second crack at turning unfeasable, satirical game designs into playable games, and all in the spirit of an alternative, light-hearted, emotionally engaging gaming future. ‘Peter Molydeux’ acts as totem for Molyjam 2013 Twitter account @PeterMolydeux is based on the sometimes esoteric utterances of Peter Molyneux OBE, the British game designer credited with “Populous,” “Theme Park,” “Fable,” experimental mobile app “Curiosity” and upcoming “Populous” re-imagining, “Godus.” A genuine industry innovator, Molyneux recieved a BAFTA in 2011, making the understated confession that he had “slightly over-promised on things on occasion” when enthusing about work-in-progress projects. But where hard-working teams would then have to incorporate those off-the-cuff improvisations, the wistful elevator pitches of Twitter doppleganger Molydeux were voluntarily turned into playable games during April 2012’s first worldwide Molyjam. A litany of unhinged concepts inspired the creation of games such as “Unbearable” (“You are a bear but for some reason your oxygen comes from hugging people. Problem is that hugging people breaks their bones”), “Secret Dad” (“Imagine if you had to secretly support your family via complex ventilation passages in your large industrial home”) and “You Are The Road” (“Have you ever played a racing game… Read full this story
- The Best PC Games
- Could It Soon Be Game Over for the Fortnite Craze?
- From Spain to Orlando, we rate the creepiest fright-fests Halloween abroad and in the UK
- Games: Neil McGreevy's top recommendations for proper Halloween scares
- These board games will entertain your bored kids without breaking the bank — plus win £1,000 towards your energy bills
- China TV drops NBA exhibition games, escalating pressure amid tweet uproar
- Xbox Games With Gold October 2018 – Xbox One and 360 titles available for download
- Xbox Games With Gold November 2018 – Xbox One and 360 titles for download SOON
- A new gaming company wants to disrupt the industry
- The Game Awards 2018: What will we see at annual celebration turned game announcement hotbed?
Global game-making fest Molyjam 2 set for July 5-7 have 308 words, post on www.bangkokpost.com at June 11, 2013. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.