By Ross Jones, FOXSports.comWith the growing disconnect between Greg Schiano and Josh Freeman reportedly having intensified, one longtime QB coach believes that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers would be doing itself a disservice if they divorce their franchise quarterback.“In terms of where he is athletically and skillset wise, I still think [Freeman] is as good as ever,” Steve Clarkson told FOXSports.com in a telephone interview. “Now the question is schematically, I’m not sure what they’re doing so much.“I know there’s a lot of talk about if he’s on the hot seat and I would tell people that patience would probably be the word that you would want to use with Josh Freeman. This position isn’t easy and when you have a new coach that is something that you have to consider, but [Freeman’s] skillset doesn’t grow on trees.”Clarkson worked extensively with Freeman while he was preparing for the NFL Draft in 2008 and has monitored his career. Clarkson boasts of Freeman’s big-time arm, intelligence and how athletic he is for a big guy. Freeman, 25, is 6-foot-6, 248 pounds and Clarkson believes undoubtedly the fifth-year quarterback could be a mainstay in the league.“He’s thrown for quite a few yards and the… Read full this story
- Clarets coach Steve Stone looking for the next jewel in the academy's crown
- When does A Confession start on ITV and who’s in the cast with Martin Freeman and Imedla Staunton?
- The elaborate illegal tobacco hideouts uncovered in Freeman Street
- Chris Clarkson backed to be a hit at Castleford
- Why new Sheffield Wednesday manager Steve Bruce is not stumped for new ideas
- Footballers' Lives with Josh Robinson: I regret my behaviour towards Crusaders during contentious move but Linfield is in my blood
- Sheffield Wednesday are in a ‘false league position’, claims Owls coach Stephen Clemence
- Big Match Verdict – Defeat leaves Hull KR seeing the good and bad from Warrington Wolves’ Blake Austin
- Ben Youngs believes Jonny May is the ‘deadliest’ winger in world rugby
- QB Ashton Cook’s 4 TDs lifts 1A No. 10 Iowa City Regina past North Linn
QB coach Steve Clarkson believes Josh Freeman ‘is as good as ever’ have 348 words, post on www.foxsports.com at September 19, 2013. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.