Harry Potter author J. K. Rowling is to co-produce a British stage show about the boy wizard’s early years living with his cruel non-magical aunt and uncle, she announced on Friday. She will start the project early next year, working with producers Sonia Friedman — who has brought a string of hit shows to New York’s Broadway and London’s West End theatres — and Colin Callender. “Over the years I have received countless approaches about turning Harry Potter into a theatrical production,” said Rowling on her website. “But Sonia and Colin’s vision was the only one that really made sense to me, and which had the sensitivity, intensity and intimacy I thought appropriate for bringing Harry’s story to the stage.” Rowling has sold more than 450 million copies of the Harry Potter books, which were also made into a blockbuster film series. The first Potter novel, published in 1997, sees the orphaned Harry find out he has magical powers. He sets off to the wizarding school Hogwarts, freeing him from his miserable life with his aunt and uncle, Vernon and Petunia Dursley, and their bullying son Dudley. Rowling said she had not yet chosen a writer or director for the…
- Hogwarts-inspired makeover: Ulta Beauty is bringing a Harry Potter makeup collection for Potterheads soon
- 'Harry Potter' star Radcliffe backs transgender rights amid J.K. Rowling row
- Harry Potter fan spots 'mistake' sneaked into Azkaban film by cheeky producers
- Harry Potter stars reunite for co-star's wedding - see all the photos from the reunion
- 'I love your books J K Rowling... but you don't love girls like me': Trans children weigh in on Harry Potter author controversy and reveal how difficult it is 'when your insides don't match your outsides'
- JK Rowling joins Margaret Atwood, Salman Rushdie, Noam Chomsky and Martin Amis among 150 authors and academics in call to defend free speech - after Harry Potter creator suffered barrage of abuse for voicing views on trans issues
- Harry Potter and the death eaters of Twitter
- 'Harry Potter' star Rupert Grint on JK Rowling's gender comments: 'Trans women are women. Trans men are men.'
- Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Opens Pre-Registration For Some
- The Harry Potter Wizards Unite Friend Code Spam Has Begun
J.K. Rowling to produce Harry Potter stage show have 363 words, post on at December 21, 2013. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.