Jurors were selected Monday for a high-stakes patent battle between smartphone rivals Apple and Samsung, setting the stage for attorneys to open fire regarding who copied innovations. Apple and Samsung lawyers will begin opening remarks Tuesday before of the freshly-chosen panel of 10 jurors and US District Court Judge Lucy Koh in the California city of San Jose. The jury of six women and four men promised Koh they would keep open minds and only consider evidence presented in her courtroom. Koh presided over a trial last year that ended with a jury declaring Samsung owed Apple more than a billion dollars in damages for infringing patents with some older model Android-powered devices. The damages award was later trimmed to $929 million and is being appealed. If this new trial goes in Apple’s favor, it could result in an even bigger award since it involves better-selling Samsung devices built with Google-backed Android software. Unlike last year’s trial, this one takes aim at devices still on the market, such as the Galaxy S3 from Samsung’s flagship line and iPhone 5 and iPhone 4S. During a day-long interview process for weeding out potentially biased jurors, candidates were asked what devices they or… Read full this story
- When apples reminded Samsung employees of their mission
- Google Pixel Buds 2 Vs Samsung Galaxy Buds+: Battle of the Android buds
- Samsung Galaxy M21 vs Samsung Galaxy M31: How the two 'big battery' phones compare
- LG V60 ThinQ vs Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra: Which big 5G phone is best for your business?
- Best Wi-Fi speakers of 2020: Apple, Sonos, Polk and Ikea
- Amazon discounts Apple audio devices and accessories by up to 43%
- Apple limits the number of iPhones customers can purchase as it faces production delays due to the coronavirus outbreak
- Samsung Galaxy S20 vs iPhone 11 – all the features your Apple handset DOESN’T have
- Samsung Galaxy M21 vs Xiaomi Redmi Note 9: How the two smartphones priced at Rs 12,999 compare
- Peacock vs. HBO Max vs. Disney Plus vs. Apple TV Plus vs. Netflix: How streaming stacks up
Apple vs Samsung case to start before fresh jury have 332 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at April 1, 2014. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.