Dharma bumming, Zen lunatic-ing and kicking around on pieces of ground far from your hometown… There will be a problem, but it’s ok… We got up in the morning and all the late-night drunken talk of going to the market as a group for pho had gone out the window. Chi and Dong had left for “work” a few hours earlier, according to Reggae on the Radio. Olof and I had a couple of cigarettes with the kids and then left for the market on our own. The morning market noodles we had were another exquisite batch of meat and broth (like almost all pho we’d had since we hit the mountains in Tuyen Quang, it was pork pho, not beef or chicken) and we delighted in overpaying. It’s just so damn incredible to sit there, with all the people moving around and sitting still, watching the steam rise from your bowl, and from everyone’s bowls and cauldrons across the tent, and from breath and from everywhere, and all the colors of scarves, hemp skirts, turbans, stockings, sequins and all the young boys and girls trying to sell things and eat pho without breaking their giggles as they stared at…
- What are Donald Trump and Kim Jong-un discussing at the Vietnam summit and have they reached an agreement?
- Mekong Delta extinction an extreme prediction: Vietnam
- Mekong Delta extinction an extreme prediction: Vietnam expert
- ASEAN countries welcome Vietnam’s initiatives to enhance cooperation
- Seminar discusses Vietnam-US cooperation in defence, security
- Vietnam, US hold 10th political, security, defence dialogue
- Vietnam awards Friendship Order to WHO regional director
- IBM floats vision of cloud's future
- IBM floats vision of the cloud's future
- VN tourism industry needs internationally qualified staff
Visions of Vietnam — Part 8 have 281 words, post on at July 19, 2014. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.