The new iPad Air 2 during an Apple special event on Oct 16, 2014 in Cupertino, California. (Justin Sullivan/Getty Images/AFP) CUPERTINO: Apple, facing tough competition in the tablet market, on Thursday (Oct 16) unveiled a new line-up of iPads that feature its mobile payments system and include the fingerprint unlock used on iPhones.Apple also said at an event at its Cupertino, California headquarters that its mobile payments system known as Apple Pay would be operational on Monday, with more banks and merchants on board.The tech giant – seeking to regain ground in a tablet market increasingly dominated by the rival Android platform – said its new iPad Air 2 is thinner than its rivals, with upgraded graphics power and other features.Unlike with smartphones, tablet owners tend to hold onto their devices for three or more years, creating pressure on manufacturers to come up with innovations significant enough to inspire upgrades.”This should be enough to start getting the original iPad users to upgrade,” Creative Strategies principal analyst Tim Bajarin said of enhancements delivered by Apple’s newest tablet. “I don’t think it has any impact on the general tablet market, but Apple’s numbers will increase as a result.”ANDROID’S LOW-PRICE APPEALAt 6.1 millimetres,… Read full this story
- Got a new iPad? Here are the best iPad games in 2021
- Amazon just knocked $40 off the new iPad Air — get it now!
- New iPad (2021) could bear a striking resemblance to an older iPad Air
- New iPad Pro in 2021 could come alongside a redesigned Magic Keyboard
- New iPad Pro 2021 could land soon with a mini LED screen
- iPad (2020) vs. iPad (2019)
- Here’s how to buy the iPad (2020) and iPad Air 4
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro with min-LED display may launch in Q1 2021
- The best Cyber Week tablet deals for 2020
- The best iPad, Samsung Galaxy, Fire, and Surface tablet deals for January 2021
New iPads aim to help Apple regain tablet momentum have 302 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at October 17, 2014. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.