At first glance, the birthday party unfolding inside the Olsen home Thursday evening seemed simple enough. Perhaps even underwhelming by today’s standards — two blond-headed twins not completely grasping the concept of turning two years old, but nonetheless gleefully and innocently soaking in the candles, cupcakes, and attention of just a few close family members.The event was momentous, however, for the adults in the room, especially the twins’ parents, Kara and Greg Olsen. The Carolina Panthers star tight end and his wife have agonized over whether both their twins — daughter Talbot and son TJ — would be here to celebrate this day.TJ suffers from a congenital heart defect called hypoplastic left heart syndrome, which means the left side of his heart is severely underdeveloped.TJ has already endured four surgeries — three open heart procedures and the installation of a pacemaker. He’s spent almost as much time living in the hospital as he has at home. After a hospital stay that lasted more than a month following the third open heart surgery and the pacemaker, TJ arrived home two and a half weeks ago, hopefully for good. There is, however, a 25 percent chance TJ will still need a heart transplant.”Having… Read full this story
- Exclusive: Panthers bidder wants Peyton Manning to be part-owner
- Kenya: First Lady Launches Run, Event Aims to Raise Sh200m for Heart Surgeries
- Meet the North East's inspiring children who have battled against the odds
- Leo's Riverside return gets to the heart of Boro as a club
- I was raised by a mother who was battling ME – it's not just 'being tired', it's a devastating, life-defining disease
- Dad who lost only son to sudden heart attack speaks of desire to help others
- Black Panther's Wakanda is a real place but it's not what you're expecting
- His heart stopped during a race. Was he saved by luck, by God, or ... something else?
- Making memories when life is short: York Co. family with 2 boys battles rare disease
- Kenya: First Lady Flags Off Mater Heart Run Event to Raise Sh 200 Million for the Hospital's Cardiac Program
Panthers’ Olsen, family draw inspiration from young son battling heart condition have 341 words, post on www.foxsports.com at October 12, 2014. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.