Welcome to Zero Day’s Week In Security, our roundup of notable security news items for the week ending December 19, 2014. Covers enterprise, controversies, reports and more. This week a critical GitHub vuln was found, ICANN was hacked, International Business Times was hacked by the SEA, Microsoft’s update blunders continued, a new Boleto malware family was discovered, the Sony drama reached the heights of hysteria, and more. Updated with FBI announcement on the Sony hack attribution, and reactions. If you use #Git on Windows or OS X, patch your client NOW! Critical code execution vulnerability. http://t.co/Kdzu3sUFbB — Sven Slootweg (@joepie91) December 18, 2014 A critical GitHub vulnerability was found, and you’re urged to update our clients immediately. GitHub told ZDNet, “I’d like to clarify that the vulnerability is in Git itself, and because it is client-side only, github.com and GitHub Enterprise are not vulnerable. More details in our blog.” Git just announced version 2.2.1, a maintenance release that includes a security fix for a critical vulnerability that affects those using Windows and Mac OS X Git clients. This update also includes new releases with the same security fix for older Git versions. GitHub confirmed that GitHub for Windows and GitHub… Read full this story
- Sony Cancels ‘Interview’ New York Premiere Amid Terror Threats
- ‘One Day At a Time’ Saved As Pop Picks Up Praised SPT Comedy Series For Season 4 After Netflix Cancellation
- How Sony Built ‘Bad Boys For Life’ Into A Success With $101M+ WW & $73M+ U.S.; ‘Dolittle’ Poised For $50M+ Loss – Monday Update
- Donald Trump Jr. hits back at critics over hypocrisy claims
- PlayStation 4 Exclusive Going Multi-Platform, According to Amazon
- Rumored PS5 Exclusive Deconfirmed By Leaker
- PlayStation Plus March 2020: all the free PS4 games you can get this month
- 2019 Worldwide Box Office Hits $42.5B Record; Offshore Too With $31B+: Highlights From The International Profit Center & What’s Ahead For 2020 – Global Studio Chart
- ‘Saturday Night’ – Live!
- How Microsoft built the world’s most powerful game console
Zero Day Weekly: ICANN hacked, critical GitHub vuln, too much Sony drama have 325 words, post on www.zdnet.com at December 18, 2014. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.