For 30 minutes, I am a freshman quarterback at Missouri. At least, that’s what I told the iPad sitting on the glass table in front of me. A pair of red, soft, over-the-ear headphones connected the device’s audio to my ears. After I entered my personal information (including that little white lie about my current playing status), a middle-aged man with a shaved head, dark eyes, thick eyebrows and a calming voice appeared on the screen, assuring me there were no right or wrong answers on the assessment that was about to begin. (In this world, the “T-word”–test–is a big no-no. “Assessment” or “discovery” are the acceptable terms.)Over the next half hour, I completed 10 exercises J. Craig Flowers believes are a new way for coaches to get a leg up on the competition. It’s the best way for them to, as the company’s slogan says, “Win the mental game.” Flowers is the man in the video, a retired Army colonel and the executive vice president of APTUS Discovery, a company formed in 2009. Their assessments–one for football and one that’s universal and can be used for other sports, the military, education or the corporate world–lift the veil for coaches on an important attribute that… Read full this story
- Duva’s XI: Former Melbourne Victory boss Kevin Muscat takes first step to making it big in European coaching ranks
- Holland’s Riechedly Bazoer set to face England with help from Bergkamp
- Rabalais: As expectations shift for LSU football, Tigers continue to 'block out the noise'
- ISL 2019-20: ATK vs Kerala Blasters FC: Kerala do the double over ATK
- ISL: Kerala Blasters do the double over ATK
- Update coming to the NCAA Transfer Portal will detail whether a player is on scholarship
- LSU and its fans are riding at an all-time high, but will their dreams be realized Monday night?
- Under 19 World Cup Group C Preview: Can Bangladesh, Pakistan, Scotland And Zimbabwe Punch Above Their Weight?
Is this football’s next big coaching breakthrough? have 326 words, post on www.foxsports.com at March 31, 2015. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.