KOLKATA/MUMBAI: Leading lifestyle brands in the country are planning to launch distinct product lines for online shopping sites, hoping that the move will prevent deep discount e-commerce sales from cannibalizing their physical stores. Future Group, ITC-owned Wills Lifestyle and John Players, Puma, Turtle and Max Retail are among the companies that will launch channel-specific products over the next three months. “As a brand, it will be foolish not to acknowledge e-commerce and, hence, we plan to have a product differentiation strategy with this year’s autumn-winter collection, which will reduce channel conflict,” said Abhishek Ganguly, managing director at Puma India, which plans to keep nearly 60% of its merchandise exclusive for both online and physical stores. The trend among retailers is a reversal from nearly a year ago when most brands tried to fight off e-commerce players that thrive on a deep discounting strategy. The retailers now plan to create different merchandise, perhaps priced lower, which will help create newer sets of consumers. “Since online shoppers are looking for value and the regular line is getting discounted, we will create a separate line to prevent conflict,” said Amit Ladsarai, director at fast-fashion brand Turtle, which will sell products online with 10%… Read full this story
- Joe Biden needs a new communications strategy
- Scientist warns there are 'no guarantees' that vaccines will work on new South African strain: Final flight from mutant-virus stricken Johannesburg touches down hours before travel ban
- E-commerce more than just cosmetics
- New farm laws to herald new era in Indian agriculture: Narendra Singh Tomar
- Airtel likely to slash fixed broadband tariff to compete with new JioFiber plans: Analysts
- New Year New Hopes as companies seek silver lining in 2021
- Trump admin releases space nuclear power and propulsion strategy
- Is New Orleans in danger of turning into a modern-day Atlantis?
- Slovak National Theatre has a new director known from festival Viva Musica!
- New Year’s Eve 2020: Restaurants plan for safe celebrations
Puma, Wills Lifestyle and others plan new e-commerce strategy have 315 words, post on www.gadgetsnow.com at May 22, 2015. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.