Some people buy flashy new cars as a way to cure the mid-life crisis blues. Auburn University coach Gus Malzahn bought himself a new BMW i8 both to celebrate his 50th birthday and to help entice recruits to come to Auburn. The BMW i8 retails at a starting price of $140,700, but it might be worth every penny if it helps Auburn land the best crop of recruits. Highly prized prospect Tray Bishop took a spin in the car with Malzahn back in February, and his reaction to the coach’s new ride proved the car’s value.Via AL.com:Meanwhile Malzahn, who is known more for his sweater vests than for any flashy purchases, told AL.com that the fancy car has taken some getting used to considering he usually just drives a truck. But the i8 probably helps Malzahn save on gas — it’s a gas-electric hybrid which can be plugged in to charge, and the engine can run on electric at speeds up to 75 mph. Plus it is always cool to have a car with scissor doors. The new ride perfect for offering joyrides around campus to recruits, although it is amazing this is not some kind of NCAA recruiting violation.
- Road trend, talent favor No. 16 Auburn at Texas A&M (Nov 04, 2017)
- How are recruits ranked?
- Top 10 recruiting storylines of 2010 class
- Auburn’s Tate enjoying career turnaround
- Gators hold on to claim recruiting crown
- Top 10 active coaches in the country
- Nebraska recruit Jaron Woodyard says he'll join Huskers 'soon' after clearing up academics
- Pitino sex scandal bound to affect recruiting
- Hallam brings a new approach to MWR
- New Rainmaking Tricks Even Old Dogs Can't Afford to Ignore (Podcast)
Auburn coach Gus Malzahn uses sweet new BMW as recruiting tool have 275 words, post on www.foxsports.com at March 4, 2016. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.