In an exclusive sit-down, the exec who tops the THR 100 also talks ‘Indiana Jones,’ ESPN and cable’s future, what happened with heir apparent Tom Staggs and who will succeed him after he leaves in 2018. Bob Iger is showing off pictures he recently took of food. “We’ve got a Szechuan chicken burger, a Peking duck pizza shaped in a Mickey head,” he says in a demeanor one might call “CEO giddy,” as animated as one of the most polished leaders in corporate America gets. “There’s something called siu mai dumplings that are Shanghainese — they’re tremendous!” Seated in a conference room adjacent to his office at the Walt Disney Co. headquarters in Burbank, Iger scrolls his iPad through dozens of photos shot during one of his twice-monthly visits to the new Shanghai Disney theme park. What about a churro stand? “Believe it or not, yes,” he says. “I’ve tasted all the food at the park. Except I haven’t tasted the turkey legs yet.” Iger, 65, is chatting with The Hollywood Reporter, which has named him the most powerful person in entertainment for his shrewd management of the world’s largest media company. This is just a few days before he… Read full this story
- Disney CEO Bob Iger steps down suddenly, capping career with Disney Plus' epic launch
- Disney CEO Bob Iger steps down in surprise announcement
- Is new Disney CEO Bob Chapek up to the task?
- Bob Iger, 69, stands down as the $47.5 million-a-year CEO of Disney to be replaced by head of parks Robert Chapek, 60
- ‘To Run For President?’ Twitter Flooded With Reasons Why Bob Iger Quit as Disney CEO
- Bob Iger Explains Plan to Lead Disney Creative Efforts
- How Bob Iger’s Disney changed the entertainment industry forever—for better and worse
- Shock And Wha? Disney Downplays Surprise, Timing Of Bob Chapek Succeeding Bob Iger
- Bob Iger steps down as Disney CEO
- Star Wars: The Mandalorian Season 2 Episodes Reportedly Directed by Robert Rodriguez and James Mangold
In-Depth With Disney CEO Bob Iger on China Growth, 'Star Wars' Reshoots and Political Plans: "A Lot of People Have Urged Me to [Run]" have 324 words, post on www.hollywoodreporter.com at June 22, 2016. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.