Donald Trump on Thursday night accepted the GOP presidential nomination inside the Quicken Loans Arena at the Republican National Convention in Cleveland. Below is a full transcript of his prepared remarks, provided by his campaign. Friends, delegates and fellow Americans: I humbly and gratefully accept your nomination for the presidency of the United States. Who would have believed that when we started this journey on June 16th of last year we—and I say “we” because we are a team—would have received almost 14 million votes, the most in the history of the Republican Party, and that the Republican Party would get 60 percent more votes than it received four years ago. The Democrats, on the other hand, received almost 20 percent fewer votes than they got eight years ago. Together, we will lead our party back to the White House, and we will lead our country back to safety, prosperity, and peace. We will be a country of generosity and warmth. But we will also be a country of law and order. Our Convention occurs at a moment of crisis for our nation. The attacks on our police, and the terrorism in our cities, threaten our very way of life…. Read full this story
- Meet the Democratic senator trying to negotiate gun control with Trump
- How climate scepticism turned into something more dangerous
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by JUUL Labs - Trump attack on progressive Dems draws sharp rebuke
- Here are the lawmakers who aren't seeking reelection in 2020
- The Hill's Morning Report — Presented by Better Medicare Alliance — Impeachment angst growing in GOP
- The Hill's Morning Report - US coastline readies for Hurricane Dorian to make landfall
Full Transcript: Donald Trump's 2016 Republican National Convention Speech have 273 words, post on www.newsweek.com at July 22, 2016. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.