“When they’re doing makeup on decedents, they put highlighter on the temples. They look sunken—they’ve been in a morphine coma, they haven’t been eating much—so they want to make them look livelier. But we want to make them look dead.” As he spoke, Nick Wolfe was transforming a pretty, decidedly unterrifying young woman into an undead hag.America Haunts, a national trade organization, there are more than 1,200 professional haunted attractions, popularly termed “haunts,” in the United States. That figure includes haunted houses, haunted farms, haunted hayrides, haunted mansions, haunted caverns, haunted prisons, haunted paintball, and haunted ships—and doesn’t touch on charity haunts, events organized by groups like the Jaycees and the March of Dimes, or amateur home haunts that don’t charge admission. HAuNTcon, the Haunted Attraction National Tradeshow & Convention—held this year from January 28 through February 1 in Birmingham, Alabama—exists to serve them all.October weekends, the opportunity to tour three local haunts out of season. While people come to HAuNTcon for the same reasons you’d come to any conference—to learn, to share knowledge, and to network with their peers—it’s safe to say that most small business owners don’t have an obsessive interest in making their employees look as dead… Read full this story
- 'Rejected' man, 52, 'murdered love rival then set fire to car with victim's body inside to look like suicide'
- The Serpent: ‘He was very slick’ What Charles Sobhraj was really like
- What was Michael Jackson & Lisa Marie Presley's marriage really like? 'Very much in love'
- ‘Scared to Death’ by Arbitration: Companies Drowning in Their Own System
- Garth Brooks was ‘scared to death’ of his musical return after 14-year hiatus: ‘Country is the best’
- Is Inside Edge Problematic Like Joker? A Debate With Cast and Director of Season 2
- 'My Unfamiliar Family' asks how well do we know the people we live with?
- Four different people facing the same problems: What it's really like to live on Newstart
- How Jennifer Aniston Really Felt Seeing Saturday Night Live's Impression of Her - E! Online
- Mark Cuban on Sharks, Bigotry, and What He's Really Like as a Boss
Inside HAuNTcon: What it’s really like to scare people to death for a living have 356 words, post on splinternews.com at October 26, 2016. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.