CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Only a few games into the season, the Utah Jazz are being attacked ruthlessly by the injury bug. And it’s taking down one starter after another. First, it was forwards Gordon Hayward and Derrick Favors. Hayward broke his finger and missed six games to open the season. Favors sat out the opener and played under a minutes restriction in subsequent games while dealing with knee and IT band soreness. Now that Hayward and Favors are back, forward Boris Diaw and point guard George Hill are sidelined. Diaw has missed five games with a right leg contusion and Hill sat out Utah’s 104-89 win over Philadelphia on Monday night while recovering from a sprained thumb he injured against New York a day earlier. Still, the Jazz are finding a way to survive and thrive on their current five-game road trip. Utah beat the New York Knicks and the Philadelphia 76ers on back-to-back nights and hope to make it three straight when they face the Charlotte Hornets on Wednesday night. “It speaks to our inner drive a little bit, because we have some expectations for ourselves this year,” Hayward said following the win over the Sixers. “You’ve got to… Read full this story
- Vodafone’s Red Hot plan: Lease your iPhone 5 for a year, then get an iPhone 5S for free
- Comments for : HTC EVO Shift 4G is red hot, leaves burn in the shape of the phone on woman's body
- The Yankees are red-hot, and the way they’re doing it should terrify the rest of baseball
- Comments for : $90 will buy you the red hot Nokia Lumia 520 for AT&T's GoPhone from Amazon
- $90 will buy you the red hot Nokia Lumia 520 for AT&T's GoPhone from Amazon
- 3 Reasons YouTube Red Still Can’t Compete With Netflix
- Incubator aims to invest in its biotech tenants, too
- Apple iPhone 4 hot in India as sales triple in less than one week
- Analyst: Apple iPhone 4S remains top smartphone in U.S.
- Foxconn seeking partnership with RED for manufacturing of cheaper 8K cameras
Jazz take aim at topping red-hot Hornets have 340 words, post on www.foxsports.com at November 8, 2016. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.