Yesterday Elon Musk stunned us (and just about everyone else) by tweeting in support of Rex Tillerson, former CEO of ExxonMobil and likely Secretary of State under the Trump administration. Musk's public image is that of a tycoon using his influence to innovate towards a techno-utopian future powered by clean energy and complete with human cities on Mars. What could he possibly have in common with a mogul who made his fortune sucking the Earth's resources dry? We asked him. And today he answered. Advertisement Why Musk spent part of his morning answering our DMs is anyone's best guess, but we're happy to meet courtesy with courtesy. His answers to our questions are reproduced below unedited and without emphasis. The first order of business was an explanation for his support of Rex Tillerson on Twitter yesterday. Our questions are in bold. Many see the appointment of a tycoon as emblematic of crony capitalism. What makes you feel he's competent? Tillerson also told Bloomberg last year that he's not exactly sold on electric cars, which of course is the whole point of Tesla. Have you reached an accord on that matter? Are your opinions on Tillerson influenced at all by your… Read full this story
- Rex Tillerson Fast Facts
- The Post-Campaign Campaign of Donald Trump
- EPA nominee calls climate change 'a huge issue,' but not 'the greatest crisis'
- Elon Musk Quits Donald Trump
- Venezuela, Alibaba, Climate Change: Your Thursday Briefing
- Elon Musk's Victory Lap
- The truth about big oil and climate change
- Storms, fires, heat waves: Year's disasters linked to climate change
- Solar is the future. Donald Trump tied a bow on it and gave it to China.
- Donald Trump, Coast Guard, Jussie Smollett: Your Wednesday Evening Briefing
A Brief Chat With Elon Musk About Climate Change, Rex Tillerson, and Donald Trump [Update] have 292 words, post on gizmodo.com at January 25, 2017. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.