A secret historyGovernment and military secrets can range from terrifying to amusing to downright absurd, but most are nothing short of intriguing. From a secret U.S. Air Force project to build a supersonic flying saucer to a now-famous World War II-era research program that produced the first atomic bombs to a plan to train domesticated cats to spy on the Soviet Union, here are 22 declassified military and CIA secrets.Project 1794In late 2012, the U.S. Air Force declassified a trove of documents, including records of a secret program to build a flying saucer-type aircraft designed to shoot down Soviet bombers. The ambitious program, called Project 1794, was initiated in the 1950s, and a team of engineers was tasked with building a disc-shape vehicle capable of traveling at supersonic speeds at high altitudes.The declassified documents reveal plans for the plane to reach a top speed of Mach 4 (four times the speed of sound), and reach an altitude of 100,000 feet (30,480 meters). The project’s estimated cost was more than $3 million, which in today’s dollars would be more than $26 million.Project 1794 was canceled in December 1961 after tests suggested the flying saucer design was aerodynamically unstable and would likely… Read full this story
- To be declassified: UFO broke sound barrier with no sonic boom
- TikTok Agog Over Mind-Blowing CIA Report Claiming Human Mind Can 'Travel Through Time & Space'
- How an alleged Russian spy ring stole NATO and EU secrets from Bulgaria
- Mideast’s Sole Nuclear Power Engaged in ‘Major Construction’ at Secret Site, Satellite Snaps Show
- Pentagon Wants New Command and Control System to Counter Hypersonic and Cruise Missile Threat
- First military advisors of Viet Minh
- United States 'has secret evidence of UFOs doing things human technology can't'
- RAF's secret blitz on ISIS Iraq base in 10-day onslaught on underground tunnels
- Fear and COVID in hotel quarantine: What it's like flying overseas right now
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES MARCH 22
Flying Saucers to Mind Control: 22 Declassified Military & CIA Secrets have 307 words, post on www.livescience.com at January 4, 2017. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.