At an event today in New York, Microsoft unveiled its plan to recapture the classroom market share the company has steadily lost to Google’s Chromebook here in the States. Windows 10 S is a streamlined version of the software, designed to cut out some of the fat of the company’s popular ecosystem, in order to offer a more focused computing experience in the classroom. The company didn’t mention Google’s offering by name while unveiling the OS, but it’s clear that the browser-based laptops were at the front of the company’s mind. After all, Microsoft has managed a fairly large classroom marketshare internationally, courtesy of its low-cost systems, but Chromebook has steadily edged the company out here in the States. Multiple logins have been one of the Chromebook’s key selling points. After all, devices tend to change a lot of hands from class to class, and school and district-based IT departments are looking for the path of least resistance. That’s present on 10 S. The company has a simple login app that allows schools to create logs on a device in a few moments. That tailored information gets saved to a USB. When plugged into a system, the key can log… Read full this story
- Microsoft details Windows 10’s new screenshot tool
- Microsoft integrates Windows 10 with smartphones
- Microsoft is bringing major Windows 10 features to Android and iPhone
- Windows 10's Timeline feature is coming to iOS
- Microsoft’s new Windows 10 tool lets users access their phone from their PC
- Microsoft's Meltdown patch for Windows 10 has a 'fatal flaw'
- Windows 10 Mobile gets updated with bug fixes and security patches
- Microsoft releases Windows 10 Redstone 5 Build 17661 for Insiders on the Fast and Skip Ahead rings
- Microsoft reveals the future of its Fluent Design for Windows 10
- Microsoft releases Windows 10 Redstone 5 Build 17677 to the Fast ring
Windows 10 S will fuel Microsoft’s Chromebook competitors have 297 words, post on techcrunch.com at May 2, 2017. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.