Carlos Ghosn enters the building in the executive style, which is to say, through the roof.The helicopter has traced an imprecise line above the Chao Phraya River, buzzing over Bangkok’s ancient temples and clotted highways before zeroing in on the Peninsula Bangkok hotel, where the bright green helipad seems to swim in the wavy heat. He hops out and is led down to the Paribatra Lounge, a 37th-floor oasis reserved exclusively for aerial check-ins. The décor is retro aeronautique, and the welcome drinks are cold, but to linger here would be to stray from the itinerary, so Ghosn (rhymes with “bone”) moves on. He’s whisked down to his room, where he’ll grab a quick lunch and slip on a fresh suit and tie. Then he’ll wend his way to a ground-floor conference room and the first item on the afternoon’s agenda: a Q&A session with several hundred Thai business school graduates.The itinerary that shapes his day is densely plotted and color-coded, and if Ghosn seems a little too beholden to its demands, consider the alternative: cascading disorder. If he were to run a few minutes late on any of the agenda items mapped out on this afternoon’s sheet, the entire… Read full this story
- An Auto Show for the Raddest Cars of the ’80s and ’90s
- Peter Thiel, Trump’s Tech Pal, Explains Himself
- Brian Kemp Won. Here’s How Other Pro- and Anti-Trump Republicans Are Faring.
- Tear Gas Clears Path for Trump to Visit Church
- Hop in for a car ride to these 6 restaurants worth driving to
- Get in the Ring: How ‘GLOW’ Recreates the Golden Age of Lady-Wrestling TV
- Nissan unveils $18 billion electrification push in bid to draw level with rivals
- Nissan to invest $18 billion on electric vehicles, battery development
- Nissan unveils aspirational electric vehicle plan, to launch 23 EVs with $18 billion investment
- Nissan Unveils $18 Billion Electrification Push In Bid To Draw Level With Rivals
How Car Executive Carlos Ghosn Is Faring In the Age of Trump have 319 words, post on www.bloomberg.com at July 20, 2017. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.