Take your passport – and a nose-clip – for Monday’s Stage 3 of the Tour de France because it hits three countries and a region with super-stinky cheese. Here is your gastronomic, sporting and cultural guide to the 212.5 kilometers (132 miles) between Verviers in Belgium and the finish in Longwy, France: REGION: After Saturday’s opening stage in Germany and Stage 2 that finished in Belgium, the Tour comes home to France, via the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg. The bumpy north-south route includes five short, sharp hills that should make for interesting racing, likely breaking up the peloton into multiple groups. Contenders for overall victory will be working too hard through the valleys and hills to care about the sights they’ll ride through or skirt on the way: the Spa-Francorchamps race track that hosts the Formula One Belgium Grand Prix, battlefields from the World War II ”Battle of the Bulge” and landlocked Luxembourg, the world’s only Grand Duchy and one of the wealthiest countries on a per-head basis. PLAT DU JOUR: For the sweet-toothed, the start-town of Verviers has a chocolate festival – scheduled for October this year. The 2016 edition was marked by the creation of what Belgium media… Read full this story
- Wine Tours - Cincinnati's Wine Scene
- Tour Maya Ruins From Belize Xunantunich
- Wine Travel - Nebraska's Blossoming Wine Country
- I Love Italian Wine and Food - A Noble Italian Tuscan Wine
- The Fine Cuisine of India
- Deep cuts: A beginner’s guide to cooking offal
- Tea Party Sandwich Recipes - Learn to Prepare Great Recipes
- Cooking For Children - Simple, Tasty, and Fun
- An Encounter With the Bolshoi Ballet (Part One)
- Visit This Swiss Restaurant in Moscow, and Have Some Great Fondue!
TASTE OF THE TOUR: Pig’s head sausage and stinky cheese have 274 words, post on www.foxsports.com at July 2, 2017. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.