Editor’s note: Dr. Terry F. Buss is a fellow of the U.S. National Academy of Public Administration. He wrote this article exclusively for Tuoi Tre News.Democrats not only suffered when they lost the White House to Donald Trump who defeated Hillary Clinton. They also lost control of state governments.Republicans managed to retain control of the House and Senate. Democrats were on hard times after Obama’s exit.Watchers of politics wondered whether the Trump momentum would carry through a handful of special elections in 2017.This would be a sign to Democrats and Republicans as to whether Trump’s mystique would lead to more seats in Congress, or whether Democrats might capture control of the Senate, if not the House.The Senate is now controlled by Republicans at 52 to 48, making the margin very thin, where every vote counts.Democrat candidate Doug Jones barely beat Republican challenger Roy Moore for Alabama’s open Senate seat. Democrats were ecstatic at the win, many Republicans were demoralized, but just as many Republicans were happy with the loss.As with most things Trump, politics become somewhat weird and not what they seem. What happened?Trump appointed then-Alabama Senator Jeff Sessions to be the U.S. Attorney General in February. Sessions would have… Read full this story
- Is Texas Ready for a Democratic Senator? MJ Hegar Thinks So
- Donald Trump tweets 'does he even know what's happening?' as Joe Biden is formally nominated as the Democratic candidate - and Jill lashes back 'ridiculous!'
- How to Defeat Trump's Plan to Overturn the Election | Opinion
- Biden agenda hinges on Senate majority
- How Trump Is Trying to Ensure an Early Election Night Lead
- Cabinet roles, Senate seats: What could be next for the women Biden didn't choose
- Elections amid coronavirus: How officials aim to keep voters safe
- As Democrats prepare to nominate Joe Biden, widespread fears about unfair election
- Trump impeachment trial: What acquittal means for 2020 election
- Georgia Democrats select state senator Nikema Williams to replace John Lewis on November ballot
A miracle happens in Alabama Senate election have 329 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at December 16, 2017. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.