As we start a new year, pundits from around the IT industry will offer up their predictions for 2018. But if history teaches us anything, it’s that 2018 will be known more for what doesn’t happen than for what does. So what major predictions are unlikely to materialise in 2018? Intent-based networking will not dominate Cisco made a splash this year when they co-opted an industry movement as their own. While the trend of abstracted control has been around since the early SDN days, it got a whole lot more attention this year as it was given a new name: Intent-based Networking. Intent-based Networking is basically the idea that operators ought to specify the behaviour they want, not the configuration they need. If intent can be inserted through a central control point, it can be translated into device-specific commands that are then propagated through the systems that make up the infrastructure. The central thesis is that the complexity of managing a heterogeneous environment ought to be handled by a management system rather than the operators. There would seem to be little doubt that abstracted control is the future for any but the most diehard legacy lovers. So will 2018 mark… Read full this story
- Forecasters provide 2018 typhoon prediction assessment for Guam
- 2018 Preakness: Predictions on the Run for the Black-Eyed Susans
- Hurricane season 2018: NOAA predicts near or above-average season in the Atlantic
- Six Things to Watch in Texas’ 2018 Runoff Election
- Exit polls predict hung Assembly in Karnataka
- IMD predicts rain, strong winds in parts of Karnataka on election day
- World politics, poverty, triumph of personal rights at Cannes 2018
- Hari Terakhir Liga Primer, ManCity & Salah Ukir Rekor
- 2018 Opel Corsa Specs and Release Date
- ‘The Voice’ 2018 Top 10 Performances & Elimination Predictions: Who Will Be Saved Tomorrow Night?
2018 Primer: The predictions that simply won't materialise have 300 words, post on www.itproportal.com at January 16, 2018. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.