For reasons unknown, these vehicles went unclaimed and were never recovered – until now. Located on Morrison Street, the $7.13-million Autosafe Sky Park was Britain’s most technologically advanced car park when opened in 2001. However, its tenure was short-lived, with the operating company and force behind the multistory car park entering receivership only two years later. Update: Robotic Car Park Mystery Solved: Why Eight Cars Were Abandoned Rumor and urban legend claim that the administrators simply arrived one morning mid-2003 and locked the doors, leaving a number of vehicles marooned within the structure. For reasons unknown, these vehicles went unclaimed and were never recovered – until now.Reddit user ieya404 has uploaded new pictures, taken from a building opposite the car park, showcasing a time capsule comprising cars from the late 1980s through to the millennium. The grounds and infrastructure will host a new $42-million purpose-built office block, under the control of Hermes Real Estate, with the fate of the forgotten few hanging in the balance. Yet it is hoped that the classics to-be, including the likes of a Fiat Uno and Austin Maestro, will escape the crusher after demolition experts GCM services explained that “every effort” would be made to… Read full this story
- Tesla investigating after video shows vehicle exploding in car park
- Russian TV presenter shares grim picture of her leaking 15-year-old breast implants after they ruptured and she needed an emergency four-hour operation to remove them
- IKEA tells angry customers stuck in store car park for three hours after accident outside that they should take the opportunity to have a NAP instead
- Delhi’s first fully automated car park tower unveiled in Green Park
- Firefighters smash into car to save dog from being cooked to death in Waitrose car park after owner abandoned it for an HOUR - as temperatures soar to 93F during Britain's heatwave
- Driver, 83, faces court after being hit with £145 parking fine when his car broke down in private car park and he went over free-stay period
- Auto blues: Passenger vehicle sales may skid 13% this year
- What Do I Tip A Robot Car For Delivering My Pizza?
- High-speed 'death trap' through Whiteman Park sees spike in kangaroos killed, maimed by cars
8 Vehicles Trapped In Robotic Car Park Found 15 Years Later have 359 words, post on www.motor1.com at January 25, 2018. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.