Read more transcripts from Face the Nation here . JOHN DICKERSON, HOST: Today on FACE THE NATION: Congress shuts down the government on the first anniversary of the Trump administration. The political finger-pointing is in full force, all the way from Capitol Hill. (BEGIN VIDEO CLIP) REP. NANCY PELOSI (D-CA), HOUSE MINORITY LEADER: Happy anniversary, Mr. President. Your wish came true. You wanted a shutdown. The Trump shutdown is all yours. REP. PAUL RYAN (R-WI), SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE: We do some crazy things in Washington, but this is utter madness. SEN. CHUCK SCHUMER (D-NY), MINORITY LEADER: Negotiating with this White House is like negotiating with Jell-O. It’s next to impossible. (END VIDEO CLIP) DICKERSON: To the White House, where callers were greeted with a recording Saturday. (BEGIN AUDIO CLIP) UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Unfortunately, we cannot answer your call today because congressional Democrats are holding government funding, including funding for our troops and other national security priorities, hostage to an unrelated immigration debate. (END AUDIO CLIP) DICKERSON: On day two, Washington’s mess is already spreading around the country, as some landmarks shut down and nonessential government workers have been furloughed. Can the president, Republicans and Democrats work together to reopen the… Read full this story
- Brothers Linked To Assad Gave Thousands To Dennis Kucinich's Ohio Political Machine
- Mueller report may be on the horizon after tumultuous year
- Africa Update OCTOBER 22, 2015
- Jacqueline Craig calls Fort Worth chief ‘garbage’; others say he’s improved police
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s surprise visit to Native American conference
- Harris took ‘step of faith.’ Now his election must be redone and future is uncertain.
- Presidential contender Elizabeth Warren vows not to hold any high-dollar campaign fundraisers
Full transcript: Face the Nation on January 21, 2018 have 276 words, post on www.cbsnews.com at January 21, 2018. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.