Pakistani defense minister welcomed the promotion of military cooperation with Iran with regard to regional issues 0SHARES Share Tweet Email PHOTO: PID TEHRAN: The Iranian and Pakistani defense ministers held talks on defense cooperation amid US President Donald Trump’s recent Twitter spree against both nations, Press TV reported on Friday. Iranian Defense Minister Brigadier General Ali Hatami hailed growing defense cooperation between Tehran and Islamabad in a telephone conversation with his Pakistani counterpart Khurram Dastagir Khan on Thursday. The latest developments in the region and in the Islamic world necessitate more interactions among officials of Iran and Pakistan, as two major countries in the Muslim world, Hatami was quoted as saying. Why Trump’s strategy on Pakistan may not work “The Americans always blame the others over their own failures in different parts of the world and they pursue the strategy of the Zionist regime (of Israel) to destabilise the region,” Hatami said. The “evil and stupid policies of the United States” are the root cause of deteriorating security situation in Afghanistan and the deaths of innocent civilians in Afghanistan, Yemen, Iraq and Syria, he said. The two countries should utilise such capacity to enhance their economic growth and security, Hatami said,… Read full this story
- Iran holds annual Gulf drill amid rising tensions with U.S.
- Army chief briefed on Pakistan's internal, external security situation: ISPR
- US Top Diplomat Warns of China’s Global Threat
- Amid protests, Pakistan Parliament approves FATF-related Bill
- Did Pakistan's Call for Attention on Kashmir Fall on Deaf Ears Throughout the Year?
- The Latest: Pakistan to allow all international flights
- UK ministers plead with France to get tough on Channel migrants amid warning that 7,500 could cross by Christmas - as full dinghy paddles straight past country's navy using shovels as oars
- U.S., Poland agree on enhanced defense cooperation
- As the US moves out of Afghanistan, Iran cements ties with the Taliban and officials
- Trump team briefs Congress about Iranian threat: 'This is about deterrence, not about war'
Iran, Pakistan discuss defense ties amid US threats have 335 words, post on tribune.com.pk at January 5, 2018. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.