A HENLEY GP is quitting medicine because of the pressure of work. The female doctor works at the Hart Surgery, which last year wrote to patients to apologise for delays in making appointments, blaming the GPs’ workload, staff shortages and cuts in government funding. Her departure was revealed by Dr Philip Unwin, senior partner at the surgery, just days after the country’s top GP said she was “profoundly concerned” by the pressures facing surgeries, especially in the winter. But Dr Unwin said Henley was lucky in that both the Hart Surgery and the Bell Surgery were training practices so doctors were coming through. TWO army veterans from Henley and a number of international rowers were among those to be recognised in the New Year honours. Brig Malcolm Page, 90, of Ancastle Green, and Brian Hughes, 84, of Harpsden Road, were both honoured for voluntary service to former armed services personnel. Mr Page was made an MBE and Mr Hughes was awarded the British Empire Medal. Every member of the gold-winning men’s eight at the Rio Olympics, including six members of Leander Club in Henley, was honoured. Mr Page was honoured for his work with the Royal Commonwealth Ex-Services League, which… Read full this story
- Complaints against NYPD hit 5-year high amid anti-cop fever
- Dollar hits 14-year high against basket of currencies
- Are we just high, or is Colorado the No. 1 market for jam bands?
- Father Ryan High Holds Hall of Fame Induction
- Walmart, Whole Foods among best reviewed grocery stores on Yelp
- Pep Guardiola’s under rising pressure as Manchester City now need four trophies next season to fulfil their five-year target
- A 'curvy' high school swimmer won
- 5 things to watch in Week 2 of high school football
- Why Libertyville High's 2020 yearbook won't have senior quotes
- Where is St Helena Airport and why is it controversial?
Review of the year part 1: High achievers, community champions, controversial have 298 words, post on www.henleystandard.co.uk at January 1, 2018. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.