We only get so much time in this life, and yours is running out, friend. That might seem scary, but it doesn’t have to be—it can be motivating. Sometimes you just need a reminder that you need to make it count. This tool sets your Google Chrome homepage and any new blank tabs you open to a clock slowly ticking toward your demise. Memento mori was a popular phrase among the stoics. It means “remember that you will die,” but it’s not a sad thing. The saying is meant to remind you that you have limited time in this life, so you shouldn’t waste it. You should make a concerted effort to accomplish your goals, spend time with the people you truly care about, and do good unto others. Memento Mori, from @wimgz, is as simple a reminder as they come. It’s not terribly useful in a practical sense. All it does is count down (with the foreboding sound of a ticking clock, if you like), and it doesn’t even bother to actually count down the days (because you could be gone in 60 years or tomorrow). But if the constant reminder that your time is ticking away will help… Read full this story
- Mystery over death of 'reclusive' mother, 84, and her blind son, 60, whose bodies were found in 'spartan' flat with ten chocolate cakes and note saying 'do not come in'
- Flood death toll in central region rises to 106
- UK's coronavirus death toll jumps by 181 to 759 in Britain's darkest day of the crisis yet as almost 3,000 more patients are diagnosed as Government promises to start testing hundreds of frontline NHS staff this weekend
- Countdown to victory — but whose?
- Countdown to second $1,200 stimulus check ‘begins in FOUR DAYS when House has window to strike deal for all Americans’
- AUDIO: Kukah to Buhari: Nigeria literally pool of blood, reset the clock before it is too late
- Cops arrest four for arson - including man who LIVE STREAMED fire he is accused of starting - as death toll from wildfires climbs to 29 and Oregon officials warn of 'mass fatality event'
- Kangana Ranaut compares Mumbai to Pakistan, shares pics of BMC demolishing her property: ‘Death of democracy’
- 'Bus drivers were forced to play Russian roulette' – the shocking truth about the death of Mervyn Kennedy
- Ann Sullivan, Longtime Disney Animator, Is Third Coronavirus Death At Motion Picture Home Facility
Set Your Homepage as a Countdown Clock to Your Death have 395 words, post on lifehacker.com at January 21, 2018. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.