For more general advice on booking a holiday in France, see our France summer holidays guide. Our guide features expert recommendations for city, beach, villa, culture, food and drink and activity holidays. 1. Menton, Provence Menton is the thinking person’s Côte-d’Azur. As required, it has the lazy sunshine zest, two vast beaches of sand and shingle, unambiguous light and Alps dropping direct to the sea – but without the airhead assumptions of more ring-a-ding spots farther west. Wintering British nobles long ago set a tone, establishing gardens, good manners and Belle-Epoque elegance. These flourish on Mediterranean roots. The labyrinthine Latin old town climbs around Baroque churches steeply up its hill. Italy’s at the end of the Prom. Thus we have the best of all worlds – and art in the Jean Cocteau Museum, should the sand, sun and sea fail to supply an aesthetic challenge. Hôtel Napoléon is an English-owned boutique hotel by the beach in Menton which dazzles guests with sterling service and crisp, white-and-blue rooms. • The 50 best hotels in France for summer 2. Gruissan, Languedoc To the south of Narbonne, the flat, unkempt Languedoc littoral suddenly sprouts the rocks of the Clape Massif. This is a most… Read full this story
- The 10 Best Books of 2020
- 10 Best CBD Gummies to Try Today
- Christmas Movies: The 10 Highest-Grossing Holiday Films of All Time
- The 10 best sub-$500 Cyber Monday camera deals that are still live
- These are the 10 best iPad apps of the past decade
- The 10 best women’s scarves in 2020: level up your winter accessories in this season’s most stylish options
- 10 best Christmas stockings: personalised, knitted and cheap Christmas stockings
- The 10 best memory foam mattress toppers for 2020
- Oscars 2015: The 10 best dresses ever including Jennifer Lawrence, Gwyneth Paltrow and Audrey Hepburn
- Still More Of The 10 Best Amazon Reviews. Ever.
The 10 best beach holidays in France for 2018 have 294 words, post on www.telegraph.co.uk at January 23, 2018. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.