For more general advice on booking a holiday in France, see our France summer holidays guide. Our guide features expert recommendations for city, beach, villa, culture, food and drink and activity holidays. 1. Menton, Provence Menton is the thinking person’s Côte-d’Azur. As required, it has the lazy sunshine zest, two vast beaches of sand and shingle, unambiguous light and Alps dropping direct to the sea – but without the airhead assumptions of more ring-a-ding spots farther west. Wintering British nobles long ago set a tone, establishing gardens, good manners and Belle-Epoque elegance. These flourish on Mediterranean roots. The labyrinthine Latin old town climbs around Baroque churches steeply up its hill. Italy’s at the end of the Prom. Thus we have the best of all worlds – and art in the Jean Cocteau Museum, should the sand, sun and sea fail to supply an aesthetic challenge. Hôtel Napoléon is an English-owned boutique hotel by the beach in Menton which dazzles guests with sterling service and crisp, white-and-blue rooms. • The 50 best hotels in France for summer 2. Gruissan, Languedoc To the south of Narbonne, the flat, unkempt Languedoc littoral suddenly sprouts the rocks of the Clape Massif. This is a most… Read full this story
- The 10 best beaches on the planet, according to the world’s leading bloggers and travel experts
- The 10 best beaches for families in America
- The 19 cheapest places in Europe for a last-minute beach holiday
- Guess Which Malaysian Island Was Named In Tripadvisor's 10 Best Islands In Asia List?
- The 24 best beaches in America, ranked
- Palace announces 18 public holidays for 2018
- Duterte declares 18 holidays in 2018
- Zamboanga’s ‘pink’ beach among NatGeo’s best beaches
- One of the ‘world’s best beaches’ to be developed by DOT
- The 10 best Leonardo DiCaprio movies, ranked
The 10 best beach holidays in France for 2018 have 299 words, post on www.telegraph.co.uk at January 23, 2018. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.