Can Tho invites investors to investment promotion conferenceThe Mekong Delta city of Can Tho will hold an investment promotion conference on August 10, inviting investors for 54 projects worth nearly 124 trillion VND (5.44 billion USD). At a press conference on the conference on August 1, Chairman of the municipal People’s Committee Vo Thanh Thong said investors have already expressed interest in 44 out of the 54 projects on offer, and some are ready to start work immediately on 22 projects. He added that some projects attracted two or more investors, so the city will set criteria to select the best among them. Among the 54 projects, 21 are in real estate, 9 in culture-sports and tourism, 9 in agricultural and industrial infrastructure, 8 in transport, 4 in logistics and power, 2 in cultural-sport and health care infrastructure and 1 in information technology. Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc is expected to deliver a keynote speech and chair the conference, which will include three discussions on a logistics service centre, hi-tech agriculture and the development of science-technology. Chairman Thong said the city wants to use the event to introduce to investors its potential and favourable conditions along with opportunities in the context of the new specific… Read full this story
- Tuesday morning news briefing: Boris Johnson tears up backstop
- Wednesday morning news briefing: No blank cheques for Brexit
- Friday morning news briefing: Death of a dictator
- Rethinking a business chamber: BCC’s Daniel Eischen
- ‘Booth babes’ cause controversy at business show
- HS2 boss: Business case is 'clear'
- Businesses push for HS2 railway completion
- The 'monsoon' rain hitting UK business
- How social media could ruin your business
- The business of cathedrals
BUSINESS NEWS IN BRIEF 2/8 have 256 words, post on english.vietnamnet.vn at February 7, 2018. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.