It seems people can’t get enough of Elon Musk’s latest novelty item. The Silicon Valley billionaire claims he has sold out of his ‘zombie-killing’ flamethrowers just four days after opening sales. In total, The Boring Company has sold 20,000 flamethrowers retailing at $500 (£351) each, raising $10 million (£7.02 million) for his high-speed tunnel venture. The flamethrowers are ‘guaranteed to liven up any party!’ according to Musk. The man behind electric carmaker Tesla and rocket company SpaceX had earlier sold 50,000 Boring Company hats in similar fashion. Scroll down for videos Tesla and SpaceX founder Elon Musk has sold 20,000 flamethrowers in four days. The flamethrowers were sold to fund Musk’s Boring Company’s plans to build a 6.5-mile (10.5 km) shaft under Culver City, California, to carry cars on electric skates at 150 mph (240 kph) The latest impromptu fundraising scheme comes at a time when financial analysts and investors in Tesla are wondering if Musk will have to seek billions more in funding for the electric carmaker as it struggles to meet promises on production. Sales for The Boring Company Flamethrower opened on Sunday, with the 46-year-old proceeding to post regular updates on how many he had sold. RELATED ARTICLES Previous… Read full this story
- Elon Musk unveils Boring Company’s long-ballyhooed tunnel aimed at easing ‘soul-crushing traffic’
- Elon Musk says he personally spent $40 million on Boring Co.
- Elon Musk unveils underground tunnel, offers rides to VIPs
- Elon Musk unveils underground tunnels in California, offers rides to VIPs
- Elon Musk’s new tunnel ‘a little rough around the edges’
- Elon Musk unveils underground tunnel to end ‘soul-destroying traffic’
- Elon Musk Finally Reveals Underground Tunnel to Send Cars Through L.A. At 150 Miles Per Hour
- Elon Musk and Gayle King test drive the tunnel he hopes will solve L.A. traffic
- Elon Musk says first underground transportation tunnel will open Dec. 10
- Elon Musk: 'I do not respect the SEC' following $20 million fine
Elon Musk claims his Boring Company has raised $10 million after selling ALL of its 20,000 'zombie-killing' flamethrowers in just four days have 312 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at February 1, 2018. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.