The White House announced on Wednesday it will be hiring veteran Washington lawyer Emmet Flood, who advised ex-President Bill Clinton during Clinton’s impeachment process, for the legal team in charge of dealing with Robert Mueller’s Russia probe. Flood will represent Donald Trump “against the Russia witch hunt,” White House spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders said. White House officials earlier confirmed that the head of the legal team, Ty Cobb, would be retiring by the end of the month. Flood served in the legal team that defended Clinton in the 1998/1999 impeachment push over charges of sexual harassment. Clinton was eventually acquitted. The Trump administration’s job offer is sure to raise some eyebrows in Washington, as Bill Clinton’s wife Hillary was a bitter rival of Donald Trump in the 2016 election. Rough seas for Trump’s lawyers Commenting on Ty Cobb’s decision to step down, Sanders described Cobb as a “friend of the president who has done a terrific job.” Cobb took the helm after previous lead attorney, John Dowd, quit in March. Dowd complained that president Trump was not following his advice. Trump has been publically venting his frustration over the investigation into the alleged ties between his campaign and Russia conducted… Read full this story
- Who Is Emmet Flood, the Clinton impeachment lawyer Trump just hired for Russia investigation?
- Trump shouldn't pick Kennedy's replacement until conclusion of Russia probe, argues former ethics chief
- 'Outgunned, outmanned' Putin sent NATO threat as howitzers to smash Russia
- Russia Ukraine war RECAP: Putin 'used illegal VACUUM BOMB' today during invasion
- Vladimir Putin's 'Doomsday' plane for ruling Russia in nuclear war seen flying by Moscow
- Capitol riot panel blames Donald Trump for 1/6 ''attempted coup''
- Trump: Here’s The ‘Really Big’ Obama Admin Scandal Media Is Burying | The Daily Wire
- Ukraine: Mariupol 'horrors' suggest international law violations, says UN — live updates
- Ukraine: Mariupol 'horrors' suggest international law violations, says UN — as it happened
- Ukraine: German Chancellor Scholz arrives in Kyiv — live updates
White House lawyer Ty Cobb bows out amid Russia probe have 321 words, post on www.dw.com at February 5, 2018. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.