Deputy Prime Minister Ke Kim Yan will formally open the Olympic Solidarity/Olympic Council of Asia Regional Forum involving close to 100 delegates from 35 Central, South East and East Asian countries at the Sokha Hotel in Phnom Penh on May 6. The news comes as enthusiasm grows for the Asian Games Fun Run the following day in the build-up to the continent’s biggest sporting spectacle, which this year is to be held in Jakarta and Palembang in Indonesia in August. The Kingdom first hosted the regional gathering of National Olympic Committees (NOCs) in Siem Reap five years ago, and the return of the forum to the capital has been seen as a recognition of Cambodia’s organisational capabilities and a show of support for its drive towards hosting the 2023 SEA Games. The key areas of discussion during the two-day forum will be the implementation of the principles of good governance, autonomy, structure, programmes and partnership with the private sector to develop sport and strengthen the Olympic Movement One of the main attractions this year is the Asian Games Fun Run, which is to be held as part of this regional initiative where presentations will be made on Olympic Solidarity Programmes,… Read full this story
- Deputy PM Minh’s Romania visit to deepen bilateral cooperation
- How exactly will esports work as an Olympic event?
- League of Legends takes a step toward the Olympics at this summer's Asian Games
- PM receives European Parliament’s international trade chief
- eSports Just Took A Big Step Toward Olympics With Asian Games Approval
- International cooperation: key to national sports development strategy
- Donald Trump potentially brings age of peace
- Esports Officially Joining the Asian Games in 2022
- Esports is an official medal event at the Southeast Asian Games
- Full Text: Joint Press Release of the Third "1+6" Roundtable
Deputy PM Ke Kim Yan to open Olympic Solidarity/Olympic Council of Asia Regional Forum have 291 words, post on www.phnompenhpost.com at April 24, 2018. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.