The end of the Korean War will be announced later this year, following an historic summit between the leaders of the two Koreas.South Korean President Moon Jae-in and his North Korean counterpart, Kim Jong Un, signed the “Panmunjom Declaration for Peace, Prosperity and Unification on the Korean Peninsula,” while standing in the demilitarized zone (DMZ) that has divided the two countries for more than six decades.The announcement, made after a full day of meetings and a 30-minute private conversation between the two leaders, could bring an end to one of the world’s longest running conflicts.The Koreas went to war in 1950 when soldiers from the North Korean People’s Army invaded the South. Although the armed conflict ended three years later in 1953, with the signing of the armistice, no formal peace treaty was ever signed, and technically, the two remain at war.”The two leaders solemnly declare … that there will be no more war on the Korean Peninsula and a new era of peace has begun,” the declaration said.The declaration also announced plans for Moon to travel to Pyongyang later this year.”The South and the North will hold dialogue and negotiations in various fields, including high-level talks, as soon as… Read full this story
- South Korea says Kim Jong Un could have 60 nuclear weapons
- Trump Threatens North Korea, But His Mistakes Upset U.S. Ally South Korea
- Attack on North Korea Could Start a War in Asia for U.S., Japan, South Korea And Other Nations
- South Korea Puts Military on 'Full Readiness' After Official is Shot Dead by the North
- North Korea hands over remains of Korean War soldiers to U.S.
- North Korea Celebrates Victory on Korean War Armistice Day, America's 'Forgotten War'
- Joe Biden seeks a reset in US-South Korea relations amid North Korea challenges
- Date set for 1st expected return of Korean War remains
- South Korea says Kim Jong Un has apologized for official's "unfortunate" killing at sea
- South Korea says North Korean troops shot and burned official found adrift near sea boundary
North and South Korea agree to end Korean War in historic accord have 334 words, post on www.abcactionnews.com at April 27, 2018. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.