Summer is known for vacation getaways, blockbuster movies and art fairs. There’s no shortage of enticing destinations, and there tend to be more than a few promising multiplex attractions. As for art fairs, they’re just about as ubiquitous as flowers.But as those outdoor events go, the Laumeier Art Fair has an undeniable edge. With 65 large-scale sculptures on site, the park in Sunset Hills is worth the trip even without special incentives. The fair is just another reason to embrace all that seasonal beauty.And what better time to stage it than Mother’s Day weekend? This year marks the 31st edition of the annual juried event.“We like to think of it as a St. Louis tradition in honor of Mother’s Day,” says Lauren Kistner, director of marketing and communications at Laumeier Sculpture Park. “There’s a lot to do and see here for the whole family.”One hundred fifty artists have been selected to exhibit and sell their work in 10 categories: ceramics, fiber/textiles, glass, jewelry, mixed media, painting, photography/digital, printmaking/drawing, sculpture and wood.The fair, which is produced in partnership with St. Louis County Parks, received more than 400 applications from artists across the country, Kistner says.“So it really is a very high… Read full this story
- Enchanted elves and a polar bear Santa help the Yorkshire Wildlife Park go animal crackers this Christmas
- CHRISTMAS: Here’s nine festive markets and fairs taking place in South Yorkshire this month
- Things to do in arts, entertainment for week of Oct. 13-19, 2019
- Buying a new or second-hand car? Ask the experts
- Fairs, parades, gift and food events across our region
- Christmas markets and winter fairs taking place near you
- A Collector’s Favorite: Dark but Strangely Peaceful Beauty
- MoMA Keeps Getting Bigger. Is That Better?
- With a $450 Million Expansion, MoMA Is Bigger. Is That Better?
- Five of the best Christmas markets
Buy Mom something nice at Laumeier Sculpture Park's 31st annual art fair have 311 words, post on www.stltoday.com at May 9, 2018. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.