Culture Travelogue Almost every cranny of Hampi has a tale to tell, every crevice has a secret to spill. Just listen intently—it is Hampi Hampi the capital of the Vijayanagara empire which flourished in the 14th century, is located in modern-day Bellary district of Karnataka. Hospet is the nearest railway station. The ruins of the city are spread over approximately 4100 hectares. Learning a little history before visiting Hampi can be advantageous, else all that you would see would be mere rocks. Vijayanagara Empire Hampi should be visited to know the story of the battles from the scattered debris and should realise the cruelty of the sultans from broken idols. Hakka (Harihara) and Bukka were the supreme commanders of Kakatiya King. Defeated by the army of Tughlaq, they were imprisoned in Delhi. They were forced to accept and practice Islam. However, they escaped from captivity and accepted Hinduism again under Shringeri Vidyaranya Swami. Humbly, Bhukka and Hakka returned after accepting Swami’s advice to gather an army, build a mighty empire and defeat the Mughals. Kampili was a small kingdom where people lived very happily until Tughlaq marched in and beat them through in a brutal war. Frightened women committed suicide…. Read full this story
- Porter, Jokic lead Nuggets past Thunder, 121-113 in OT
- Glorious Goodwood 2020 tips: Newsboy's 1-2-3 and best bets for every race on day one
- NBL: The woman who helped the Nuggets strike gold
- Jimmy Butler, Bam Adebayo each drop 22, lift Heat past Nuggets
- Pregnant Katy Perry's live stream is crashed by shirtless Orlando Bloom and pet dog Nugget... as she admits they've been 'feeling a little bit blue'
- Nuggets star Jamal Murray shatters minutes restriction, makes triumphant Orlando debut
- Lunch Special: Who won the Malik Beasley trade between Nuggets, Timberwolves?
- NBA wrap: Harden leads Rockets past LeBron-less Lakers, Giannis stars
- Joel Embiid gets 76ers past Wizards after Ben Simmons hurts knee
- White, Poeltl lead Spurs past short-handed Jazz 119-111
Glorious Nuggets from the Past have 316 words, post on www.organiser.org at June 12, 2018. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.