Paedophile football coach Barry Bennell has his 30-year prison sentence upheld by leading judges. His bid to challenge the length of his jail term for child sex offences was dismissed today by three judges in the Court of Appeal in London. The court heard today that in 2009 Bennell sent one of his victims a message on Facebook saying it was ‘good to see’ him getting on with his life. The former Crewe Alexandra coach and Manchester City scout was imprisoned in February after he was convicted at Liverpool Crown Court of 50 offences committed against 12 boys he coached between 1979 and 1991. Bennell’s appeal case waslisted under his new name, Richard Jones, and was be heard by Lady Justice Hallett, Mr Justice Stuart-Smith and Mr Justice Choudhury. Dismissing his challenge, Lady Justice Hallett said that because of the “huge scale” of his offending it would be “wrong” for the court to interfere with the sentence. His prison term could not be described as “manifestly excessive or wrong in principle”. During his six-week trial, Bennell, 64, was said to have committed “industrial scale” levels of abuse against vulnerable prepubescent boys in his care. Complainants told how he had a… Read full this story
- Fox News Judge Napolitano Calls 10-Year Prison Sentence for Lori Loughlin 'Ridiculous': 'Nobody Was Really Harmed'
- Boris Johnson plans to extend 'whole life' prison sentences to child killers meaning they will die behind bars
- Bus driver, 69, is jailed for 30 years after sexually abusing an eight-year-old girl with one hand while he drove the vehicle filled with school kids with the other
- California manny, 35, is jailed for 30 years for making child pornography with at least five kids in his care, aged four to nine
- Strasbourg judges rule indeterminate sentences unlawful
- No Cornflakes here! My Kitchen Rules judge Pete Evans serves his 11-year-old daughter Indii an extravagant breakfast of CAVIAR, broccoli sprouts and sauerkraut on Paleo bread
- Bradley Manning given 35-year prison term for passing files to WikiLeaks
- Brazil's Lula files habeas corpus to avoid prison sentence
- Teresa Giudice Once Asked Donald Trump to Support Husband Joe Before His Prison Sentence
- Man, 31, who was cleared of beating his baby until he was brain damaged DID cause the injury, a judge rules... 12 months after the child's mother was found guilty and jailed for seven years for the attack
Judges rule on Barry Bennell appeal against 30-year prison sentence have 375 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at June 20, 2018. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.