For the first time as president, Donald Trump is holding his Russian counterpart responsible for interfering in the 2016 election. In an exclusive interview with “CBS Evening News” anchor Jeff Glor, the president said he would hold Vladimir Putin accountable because he’s Russia’s leader. Glor also asked him about the 2020 presidential election. Here is a part of their exchange: JEFF GLOR Let me ask you about 2020. PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: Okay. GLOR: Who do you think your Democratic opponent will be? Joe Biden says he’ll make a decision by January. TRUMP: Well, I dream, I dream about Biden. That’s a dream. Look, Joe Biden ran three times. He never got more than 1 percent and President Obama took him out of the garbage heap, and everybody was shocked that he did. I’d love to have it be Biden. I think I’d like to have any one of those people that we’re talking about…You know, there’s probably – the group of seven or eight right now. I’d really like to – I’d like to run against any one of them, but Biden never by himself could never do anything. President Obama took him, made him vice president and he was… Read full this story
- Donald Trump says Joe Biden 'should respond' to sexual assault allegations saying 'I've been falsely charged numerous times' - then compares Democratic candidate to 'horribly treated' Brett Kavanaugh
- Donald Trump claims Joe Biden is 'hiding in a basement' refusing to debate him just hours after Democratic candidate said he's willing to go head-to-head on 'Zoom, Skype, Slack or in person, anytime, anywhere'
- Could Hillary Clinton and Barak Obama Join Forces to Run Against Trump if Joe Biden Quits the Race?
- Trump Encourages Joe Biden to Say Sexual Assault Allegations Are False: 'I Guess You Could Say I'm Sticking Up For Him'
- Coronavirus could derail US election between Donald Trump and Joe Biden in ‘nightmare scenario’
- Nancy Pelosi Endorses Joe Biden: ‘The Personification of Integrity’
- Jill Biden Talks ‘True Leadership’ as Joe Biden Looks On in Bizarre Viral Video
- Tara Reade Is Making It Harder to Hide Joe Biden
- Poll: Joe Biden’s Basement Presidential Campaign Earning Voter Approval, 44% to Trump’s 38%
- Here’s What Women’s Rights Organizations Are Saying About Joe Biden and Tara Reade
Trump says Joe Biden would be a "dream" opponent in 2020 election have 380 words, post on www.cbsnews.com at July 19, 2018. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.