MEGIDDO, Israel, Aug 8 (Reuters) – The end is nigh at Armageddon – at least for an old Israeli prison near the ancient ruins of Megiddo, by tradition the site of the apocalyptic Biblical battle between good and evil.Half an hour’s drive south of Nazareth, Armageddon is a popular site for the coach loads of tourists visiting the sites of the Holy Land. There is also a busy program of excavations.In 2005, work to expand the aging Megiddo Prison uncovered the remains of a 3rd century Christian prayer hall, including a mosaic referring to “God Jesus Christ.”The building with the mosaic was excavated, earlier artifacts found, and the site was covered up under the supervision of archaeologists. 13 PHOTOS Tel Megiddo Archaeological site See Gallery Tel Megiddo Archaeological site Workers dig at the Tel Megiddo Archaeological site in northern Israel July 24, 2018. Picture taken July 24, 2018. REUTERS/Amir Cohen An open field (foreground), in the area where a Roman garrison once stood, is seen in front of the Tel Megiddo Archaeological site in northern Israel July 24, 2018. Picture taken July 24, 2018. REUTERS/Amir Cohen Artifacts, which were exposed during excavation work, are seen at the Tel Megiddo Archaeological… Read full this story
- Ruins of 5,000-Year-Old Megalopolis Uncovered in Israel
- Car Hire in Italy - Rome and the Vatican City
- Dogs and Their History
- Is Pope Benedictus XVl Resuscitating the Donation of Constantine?
- The best of film 2013: The ballots
- Top 10 national parks in Arizona
- The men behind GirlsDoPorn lured young women with modeling jobs, then tricked them into porn, FBI says
- Visit the Loire Chateau - A Journey to the Valley of the Kings
- Mosaics In Roman Baths
- Volterra - Tuscany's Secret Gem
At site of Israeli prison, hunt underway for ancient ruins have 269 words, post on www.aol.com at August 8, 2018. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.