Molly Beck Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Published 5:25 p.m. UTC Aug 16, 2018 MADISON – Former Vice President Joe Biden got behind Josh Kaul’s bid to unseat Attorney General Brad Schimel on Thursday, saying the former federal prosecutor “will fight for working families.” “Josh will take on the opioid epidemic, he’s spoken out about the need to eliminate Wisconsin’s backlog of untested rape kits, and he will stand up for access to affordable health insurance coverage. Josh will get results and bring real and lasting change to Wisconsin,” Biden said in a statement. Biden’s endorsement came two days into the general election race during which Kaul is challenging Schimel’s bid for a second four-year term as attorney general. Kaul, a former federal prosecutor in Baltimore and a Demcorat, heads into the final stretch of the race raising nearly as much as Republican incumbent Schimel. Related: Josh Kaul raises more than double what Brad Schimel received in July Related: Josh Kaul would conduct ‘legal analysis’ before deciding to defend state abortion ban Overall, the Schimel has raised $716,211 since January — $15,000 more than Kaul. Schimel has a financial edge as the two gear up for the final three months of the race, with… Read full this story
- The Top 10 women Joe Biden might pick as VP
- Joe Biden's presidential campaign is plummeting. So who benefits from his spectacular fall?
- Joe Biden and Donald Trump Plan Perfect Phone Call
- Donald Trump has closed gap on Joe Biden in latest poll
- Joe Biden Says Congress Should Protect Abortion Rights: 'Codifying Roe Through Legislation Must be Pursued'
- CNN to host town hall with Joe Biden on coronavirus
- Trump Says He 'Wouldn't Mind Running Against' Andrew Cuomo, Says N.Y. Governor Would Be 'Better Candidate' Than Joe Biden
- Joe Biden says Democrats 'should be thinking about' holding a virtual summer convention
- What You Missed on Late Night: Joe Biden Calls Andrew Cuomo the 'Gold Standard' of Governors
- Joe Biden Jokes About Trump and Sarah Palin With Jimmy Kimmel
Former Vice President Joe Biden endorses Josh Kaul in Attorney General race have 324 words, post on eu.jsonline.com at August 16, 2018. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.