Women like a partner to be clever, but not too clever, a new study has claimed. The figures come via the University of Western Australia after two of the institution’s researchers Gilles Gignac and Clare Starbuck sampled over 200 Australian students. They asked them to complete questionnaires on the qualities most people value in a romantic partner. The questions focused specifically on four qualities: good looks, cleverness, kindness and being easy going. It asked participants how attracted they would be to a potential partner who had each quality more than a certain percentage of the population. So, the question on kindness, for instance, asked the participants to say how attracted they would be in a potential partners who were kinder than 1 per cent of the population. It then asked the same with the level set at 10 per cent, 25 per cent, 50 per cent, 75 per cent, 90 per cent and 99 per cent of the population. They were rated on a six-point scale from “extremely unattracted” to “extremely attracted” for each of these percentages. As you can expect, when the results were analysed, they showed participants of both genders found all four qualities attractive in a potential… Read full this story
- The 2014 Best & Worst Sex List
- Research Shows What Makes Trolls Tick on Mobile Dating Apps
- “The Greatest Teacher, Failure Is.” Why Hate The Last Jedi?
- Lib Dem conference - Nick Clegg's speech and debate on the David Miranda case: Politics live blog
- The 50 best comedies since 2000
- Wednesday briefing: Grenfell slur taints Tory election campaign
- Meet the New, Dangerous Fringe of the Anti-Vaccination Movement
- Big Tobacco Fights Back: How the Cigarette Kings Bought the Vaping Industry
- Andy Ngo Has The Newest New Media Career. It's Made Him A Victim And A Star.
- Astrology superstar Susan Miller: 'I can really respond to people online'
Women are put off by men who are too clever, study reveals have 294 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at August 22, 2018. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.