Exclusive PUBLISHED: 07:11 06 September 2018 | UPDATED: 08:23 06 September 2018 Harry Taylor Robert Newmark in 2015. Picture: Tom Dunkley Archant Former staff at Rosslyn Hill restaurant Cafe Hampstead allege workers are owed thousands of pounds – and there are questions over the cafe’s links to disqualified director Robert Newmark. Harry Taylor investigates Café Hampstead in Rosslyn Hill. Picture: Polly HancockStaff at Café Hampstead say they are owed thousands of pounds in unpaid wages amid stock shortages and cashflow problems at the fashionable restaurant.And the Ham&High can reveal there are grounds to suspect disqualified company director Robert Newmark, who was banned from being involved in “the management of a company in any way” by a court in 2016, may be breaching that order by helping run the business.Cafe Hampstead’s owner Conor Thomson-Moore yesterday (Wed) said Mr Newmark did not run the business and was not involved in its management, but that: “Robert has provided advice when I’ve requested it given his years of experience in the restaurant industry.”Mr Newmark, through his lawyers, denied “being involved in the running of the business”, and said the consultancy advice he gives Cafe Hampstead Ltd was not “in a management role and is… Read full this story
- Donald Trump Associate Felix Sater Is Linked to the Mob and the CIA—What’s His Role in the Russia Investigation?
- Philip George, Designer of Elegant Restaurants, Dies at 94
- Library Restaurant in Norwich is put up for sale as long-time owners take a step back
- The fashionable future of Plymouth revealed in new designs
- Director Joe Mantello, Broadway’s Invisible Wizard
- Nigeria: Super Eagles Fans Banned From Bringing Live Chickens Into Stadium
- Mexico winning the World Cup
- Trump accuses Mueller's team of 'meddling' in US elections
- The Queen of Cuisine: Ella Brennan regarded as one of most revolutionary restaurateurs in world
- The 25 best European city breaks for summer 2018 and where to stay
Café Hampstead: Questions over banned company director Robert Newmark’s links to fashionable restaurant have 307 words, post on www.hamhigh.co.uk at September 6, 2018. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.