A Boeing 737 crash-landed into Chuuk Lagoon in the Federated States of Micronesia as it attempted to land at Weno International Airport on Friday. Miraculously, all passengers and crew on board survived. The aircraft belongs to Air Niugini, Papua New Guinea’s national carrier. The Port-Moresby-based airline said in statement that the plane, a Boeing 737-800, “landed short of the runway.” The plane, which was carrying 46 people, quickly began sinking. Local boat owners and rescue teams rushed to the aircraft to get the passengers out. Photos posted on social media showed the plane half submerged. A video posted on Facebook shows multiple fishing boats sailing towards the aircraft to pick up the stranded passengers. The passengers and crew were taken to hospital for a checkup, with the airport authorities saying that the incident did not result in any major injuries. “No serious injuries. Only minor … Everybody is alive!” Jimmy Emilio, the airport’s manager said, as reported by the Guam Daily Post. US marines from the US Coast Guard Cutter Washington that was sailing nearby at the time of the incident and a rescue crew from Auckland, New Zealand, were said to be on their way to the site of the… Read full this story
- Indonesia plane crash: wreckage pulled from water after aircraft signal detected
- Head of PIA plane crash investigation board removed
- Three Killed, One Injured After a Piper Plane Crashes Outside St. Petersburg
- Explained: Why is Indonesia prone to plane crashes?
- Russian Military Plane Crashes Into Black Sea Killing All 92 Passengers
- Vietnam condoles Indonesia plane crash tragedy
- Ethiopian Airlines plane crashes, killing all 157 aboard including Americans, officials say
- Boeing 737 passenger plane carrying 62 ‘crashes’ over sea after ‘falling 10,000ft’ after takeoff from Indonesia
- From drug running to crash landing: The hunt for Air New Zealand's former planes, decaying around the world
- Iran to pay $150G to families of Ukraine plane crash victims
Passenger plane crash-lands in ocean in Micronesia (PHOTOS, VIDEO) have 305 words, post on www.rt.com at September 27, 2018. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.