Plymouth Argyle supporters were forced to evacuate their coach home from Saturday’s 3-0 defeat at Portsmouth after it dramatically caught fire. Devon Live report that the coach had to be destroyed following the dramatic incident near Salisbury, which saw supporters of the League One club have to move to the side of the road while firefighters tackled the blaze. The club confirmed the news on Twitter , writing: “To reassure our supporters whose coach caught fire near Salisbury on the way home, and their relatives and friends… Everyone is safe Stewards and drivers are coping. “A replacement is on its way.” One fan told Devon Live the inside of the vehicle started to smell of burning and then the alarm went off. Fire engines were called to the scene but the coach went up in flames before they arrived. All 49 fans on board headed to a nearby petrol station to wait for replacement coaches. It’s the end to a bad day for the supporters who watched their club lose away 3-0. It was a third successive defeat for the Pilgrims in all competitions and they have conceded 11 goals in the process. The Pilgrims trailed to a 22nd minute goal from Ronan Curtis at half-time and there was no way back for them in the second period. Jamal Lowe and Curtis added further goals as Portsmouth ran out easy winners.