Last year, the introduction to 2017: A Year in Photographs began, “As 2017 finally draws to a close, we can all look back on a year that in many ways seems to have lasted 10.” If that statement was true of 2017, then it is doubly true of 2018. There has been so much news and information hitting us from all sides over this past year that, at times, it has seemed almost overwhelming. So much has occurred, it is hard to remember exactly what happened when. Looking back over this past year, we were struck by how many photo shoots we thought we’d shot back in 2017 — and how many we’d completely forgotten about. We all remembered the big tent pole reviews like the iPhone XS, iPhone XR, or Pixel 3, but had no recollection of the portraits of Dessa or Mr. Lui’s building full of old CRT screens. Remember the Apple HomePod? That was shot in January 2018, but it feels like a lifetime ago. 2018 was the year we consolidated our creative approach to our tech reviews, our gift guides, and our various series. We worked hard on pushing ourselves creatively and refining our style, but… Read full this story
- AP names Nicky Jam and J Balvin’s ‘X’ its top song of 2018
- Johnny Depp defends giving daughter Lily-Rose marijuana when she was just 13 years old as 'responsible parenting'
- Jodie Turner-Smith reflects on giving birth in a pandemic and the pressure of a 'perfect post-pregnancy body' as she is photographed by husband Joshua Jackson for British Vogue
- Raptors' Nick Nurse voted NBA Coach of the Year
- Knifeman is jailed for life with minimum term of 25 years for murdering Arsenal fan at a Tube station over a 'funny look' while he was out on licence for stabbing another victim seven times
- World Photography Day 2020: Best Travel Photographers on Instagram To Follow
- World Photography Day 2020: History, significance, and evolution of the photograph
- Stay out of the photographer's way, be very patient... and never ask dad to do it! Videographer shares expert tips on how to capture the ultimate wedding video
- Noted photographer Dan Budnik, known for his portraits of artists, dies at age 87
- Celebrity photographer's autistic son was 'suffocated with a sponge and laid down to rest next to his toys', court hears as mother charged with 10-year-old's murder appears at Old Bailey
2018: A year in photographs on The Verge have 381 words, post on www.theverge.com at December 28, 2018. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.