Deal signed to transform Dundee Michelin factory and secure ‘long-term future’ BelfastTelegraph.co.uk Michelin has made a deal with Scottish Ministers to “transform” their Dundee tyre factory in an effort to secure a future in low carbon transport and manufacturing. https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/uk/deal-signed-to-transform-dundee-michelin-factory-and-secure-longterm-future-37637347.html https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/uk/article37637346.ece/eeba4/AUTOCROP/h342/bpanews_2041e4cd-b89d-41c4-8153-6f3039a3a22d_1 Email Michelin has made a deal with Scottish Ministers to “transform” their Dundee tyre factory in an effort to secure a future in low carbon transport and manufacturing. It was announced in November the plant, which employs 845 workers, would cease production by mid-2020. The joint commitment will see the French firm work with Scottish Enterprise, Dundee City Council and other strategic partners to help protect jobs at the site. Focus will be on trying to secure a long-term future in manufacturing, remanufacturing, recycling and low carbon transport. Scottish Finance Secretary Derek Mackay said: “I welcome Michelin’s formal commitment to work in partnership to develop the next phase of their presence in Scotland, including the skills and the capacity of their workforce and the transformation of the site. “This agreement confirms our shared aim to secure a long-term future for the site and to generate significant employment there. “The Scottish Government will continue to do everything in its power to support… Read full this story
- Warriors mailbag: Andrew Wiggins’ long-term fit? Could Glenn Robinson III return?
- Scottish study reveals 'significant long-term impact' of flooding
- Norfolk Island locals work with CSIRO, Defence, to find long term water solutions
- LSU AD Scott Woodward signs six-year contract with university; see terms of deal
- +++ Brexit: UK Parliament votes against withdrawal deal — live updates +++
- Palestinians say Trump's deal is racist. But their leaders are bereft of ideas on how to fight it
- Boris Johnson slaps down Michel Barnier saying Britain will NOT obey Brussels rules to get a trade deal - after EU negotiator demands the UK commits to a 'level playing field' and gives access to fishing waters
- Joshua Kimmich signs three-year contract extension with Bayern Munich
- Foxconn changes $10B Wisconsin project from factory to "research hub"
- Why the Lakers are considering a Kyle Kuzma trade, and what it would take to get a deal done
Deal signed to transform Dundee Michelin factory and secure ‘long-term future’ have 380 words, post on www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk at December 18, 2018. This is cached page on xBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.